Saturday, October 20, 2007

Funny in Farsi and me

A person desn't like to read like me finally finish this book after two weeks. Actually I had been interested in reading this book before I got started because I had thought that it was the book for immigrants. I really enjoyed reading it. I thought it would be difficult for me. In fact, I could understand almost all of it. I loved sharing it with my classmates after reading the assigned chapters although we had different opinions sometimes. The activities for this book I loved the most were the Chapter Poster and Personal Memoir. I designedly went to Walgreens and bought glue and poster board to do the Chapter Poster. I found many Iranian characters on the internet for my poster. One of them was the president of Iran. That was funny. I cut the president of Iran out and used him to do my assignment. I made a nice poster I thought. On the other hand, almost all of the chapters reminded me of something that I have experienced, so I very loved the Personal Memoir which I did it for the chapter of Leffingwell Elementary School. I will strongly recommend this book for my friends especially immigrants.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Philip -- I'm extremely glad that you tried (and liked) to read this book even though you admitted that you don't really like to read in English.